Saturday, September 24, 2005

Infatuation at first site possible?

I will talk about a recent experience that I have had that has got me thinking about infatuation, liking someone and even love. I went to a restaurant the other day, the waitress named "M" was by far the most beautiful girl I have seen in person. I, in a moment of weakness for true beauty, tipped the waitress 15 dollars (my total meal only cost 14). I plan to go back and ask the girl out. The issue is that it has been 8 days and I haven't stopped thinking about her. Her smile, personality, eyes, the way she carried her self, everything... I cant stop thinking about. Now I don't think I am in love with her... I hardly know her. I don't think I can say I like her because I must have talked to her for 5 minutes max (not to mention that this also includes her taking my friend's orders and reading the specials). I guess I am infatuated with her, however, I don't think it is case cause I still can't stop thinking about her (and making her the topic of my first post). Plus, for her, I have taken many a jokes and insults from my friends and continue to do so (sounds like a line from a chick flick). This is what I think could be possible explanations for this absurd behavior (BTW.. I have never done/felt this way about anyone).
1) I have conveniently made her into this "perfect" girl that fits my type. Maybe spending more than 5 minutes would show sides of her that I absolutely hate. Does this make her nothing nothing more than a figment of my imagination.
2)I am bored and looking for an embarrassing shotdown (she is atleast 4 years older than me and if she is somehow single, she is way out of my league)
3)I feel the need to bow down to societal and cultural notion of norm (the push my parents/family/friends/strangers/teachers/media all give me to be with "someone" )
4)Infatuation/Love at first site is possible, despite having bashed it and considering all that fall in it.. weak.

- Neo
P.S. This blog won't be some sappy/love crap where I cry about random stuff. This just happens to be something that has been on my mind recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home