Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Money is everything

I had an interview yesterday. I am a marketer by passion, I interviewed for a banking position at an Investment bank. Why? I love money more than passion. Instead of pursing a career in something that I "like", I am willing to put up with a bunch of idiots (yes thats what I think of ibankers), work like a dog (100 hrs or more a week) doing something I dont "like" (heck.. I will take the liberty of calling it "hate").

I have always been the type of guy that would not do anything that I didnt believe in. A couple of job rejections later, I have become what I hated. The sad thing is I am not the only one... I can name 20 people off the top of my head that are willing to make due with some crap of a job and embracing misery with open arms all for... the power to own some paper with the intention to buying some more crap with it that they dont need. And I am one of them.

Its not doing something I dont like that I am pissed about... I am pissed at a life that one lives doing something he doesnt like. Parents said go to school... I went to school. Parents said go to college... I went to college. Parents said get a good job... I am trying to get a good job (and the funny part is that eventhough I am trying to resist this imprisonment.. I cant seem to. My body seems to follow the direction set by my parents... while my mind ponders in an F'ed up state all of its own.)

I must leave now so that I can apply to more jobs and sit thru an interview and waste 30 minutes of my life... hoping the interviewer likes me and give him the impression that I give a F**K about his company or the position he is there to offer me.

- Neo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home