Sunday, October 09, 2005

Infatuation at First Site: The FUCK UP!

So.. I finally go back to my beloved waitress at the restaurant to ask her out.

The Set UP: I took a shower with the best body wash I had... I took out a brand new shirt (although my friends seem to think it looked like a pajama) and prepped myself in front of the mirror. We got to the restaurant... she was assisting other customers. I prayed that she would be my hostess... I even calculated some quick probabilities in my head to figure out the probability she would be my host (given that God may not exist... I didnt want to rely too strongly on him). My hopes were high... but due to poor math skills ( n and angry God for questioning his existence).. we got some other waitress. Maybe cursing too much in my mind was shaping my karma for the fuck up which was about to follow.

The FUCK UP: I see "M"... I gather my courage n wave at her. She smiles n comes to our table.
After the usual formalities.. she asked ".. So when is your birthday "... I say (looking at the glass of water like an idiot) "some time next week or the week after".

Analysis: "some time next week or the week after".... WTF! I am certainly not stupid and I know how to count or mention a date. I could have lied.. given my real b'day.... why the fuck did I say "some time next week or the week after". I certainly wasnt trying to be cool... I certainly blew the chance of being normal... not to mention appearing as a cocky fuck. As you can guess.. I didnt ask her out... n dont see a possible way to ever do it now. I am long past the embarrassment stage.. I just dont think my "probability" is strong enough anymore (not to say that it was b4.... I had a calculated a probability of her saying "YES" to fall between anywhere from a 0.0% to 0.35%).

Solution: Go there on my b'day.. n try it all over again. However as I plan my next "move" (yes... I hope to learn some new "game" by then")... I recall words from a famous artist "i blew it and if i knew what to do, then i'd do it . . . and forever for her is over for me". However, in my book.. all hope is not lost until there is a def. "no" from her.

- Neo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home