Saturday, October 15, 2005

What is the rush about?

I have lately come to see that I (and most others that I know) are rushing to get something. Some are rushing for the more dummer things in life: money. Many I know are working/ running around looking for that perfect job that will pay them lots of money. They can buy their Gucci shoes, Prada belt and many other metrosexually explicit items. So it seems that we are running around just to have the power to trade.... trade money for some product or service (its even worse when people give up opportunities of love for thier "career" and than end up lonely in some brothel.... where the girl who also gave up on "love" is doing this so that she can have enough money to "get" by hard life).
Some are running around to achieve something (which is a little more respectable I guess). Whether this be fame or power (I think these general categories sum all the rest) they spend their whole life looking for it. My problem lies in this... are we ever satisfied? Can you truly recall of a time where you felt that this was it... I dont want anything else in life. Nothing can make me happier than I am at this moment... Have you? I dont think I have (and I will be damned if Im the only one that hasnt experienced this internal/mental nirvana). So if we can never have enough... than why rush around life getting anything? In the end even if we get the fame, power, money (with the hooker), there is still something we will want to have after that because as humans we cant be easily satisfied (with the word "easy" being an understatment).

All I am saying is that if we cant find true happiness (if such a thing even exists..... plus even if it did I dont want to say I have achieved "true happiness" cause it makes me sound like a sissy) than why not just enjoy the moment and let things fall into place. Of course I am not promoting people to be hippies (sorry guys) because I do believe that you learn a lot about ur self while on the quest to get what u want. But overall I think people need to calm down.... sit... relax and enjoy the moment because after all this moment that just passed is never coming back... in this universe or a parallel universe (imagine you just wasted this moment reading a random kid's blog about his silly view on life.... maybe your images in parallel universes aren't soo stupid... are they?)

To stop my babbling... I will just say that enjoy the moment..... and be content.

- Neo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home