Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sold my soul

So I receive this phonecall the other day letting me know of my status (like I asked for it) at Wachovia as a Sales and Trader. "We believe you would be a great fit".... First thing that hit me... wow they are nothing more than a bunch of idiots who didnt catch my lies (oooo I love Wachovia and I believe it is the perfect fit for my longterm career goals).... or they knew I was lying, they knew every other candidate was too, but just happened that my lies were more amusing (not to confuse with believing).

It is awesome, I told myself many times that I would never give up something I "liked" for money.... but I guess earning 100K out of college can quickly change your mind. In an ideal world, I should say no and keep looking for the career path that I actually like. But not having a job security can make a person do things (actually its more like greed can make a person do things). So now here I am becoming what I have hated... Dining and wineing with the devil. Plus on the positive side I make already rich people more rich... where the fuck is the selfless gratification? The best part, however, is that knowing all this I still cant seem to stop myself from signing the dotted line. I dont know what is pulling me in.

I assume all responsibility for any future blog that talks about how much I hate my job.

- Neo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home