Sunday, November 20, 2005

Masochist: A person who believes in Love

I have lately come to the realization that all who love are masochists. First we meet a girl/guy... than we can't stop thinking about them, than we begin losing touch with our friends, dogs, cats, family (yes.. sadly most would value an animal over family)..... lose touch with our self-esteem (with all those why does he/she not like me.. did i do anything wrong... and does he/she "love" me kinda rhetorical questions). In short we lose ourselves. Than one fine day comes that they/you cheat.... whether this is in a physical form or just a fantasy that one has. In every relation comes a "what if". Soon you realize that you are doing nothing more than fucking yourself in the ass while putting a smile on your face. So if we know that to love (like, lust, infatuation) is to end in pain.... than why love at all?

I think it is due to societal norms. We somehow feel that it is ok to be intimate only if we are in a realtionship (open or closed... plus what is the difference between an open relationship and a fuck buddy?). Next thingyou know... people jump into random relationships to get the mental affirmation to have sex. Next thing you know people make decisions to marry (and spend the rest of their together.... awwww how romantic). I dont understand the reason to "marry" anyone. Besides having a stable environment for the child to grow in... I really dont see the reason to marry/commit your life with one person. Dont get me wrong.. I am the biggest advocate of marriage and abstinance..... but I have begun to question why. Do we only marry so that we have someone by ourselves when we get old? Is marriage nothing more than security for the future. Being a human is to be sooooo self-defendent on others... the need to have someone besides us at all point; hold our hands at any obstacle that life throws (or to share any obstacle that you have crossed). I ask why?

To love is to be a masochist.... otherwise no person with common sense would sign up for this sweet misery. The worst part is... sadly... I am the type of person that falls in love with any girl that shows the slighest bit of attention. Yes... you think I am a hypocrit....probably. But I seriously dont understand the need for love if one doesnt get pleasure out of pain.

- Neo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home