Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Friends without falling in love

*This is an incomplete blog because during the writting of it... my feelings changed*

Its been a while since my last entry... but current situation calls for an entry. Lately I think (yes i often fail to interpret my brain) I have started having feelings for a girl. She is decent looking, nice personality and I enjoy being with her (which guy does not enjoy being with a female).... however theres is no chemistry/connection.. or whatever u call it.
I promised myself after my last dating escapades.. that I would learn just to be friends with female instead of wanting to date them. So I became frineds with this one female, lets just call her "R". We actually became good friends and I never had feelings for her. She is quite frankly not my type (nor do I think I am her type).... but lately I have started having some kind of wierd attraction towards her. I dont know if it is physical or not (yah i know it sounds funny coming from a guy)... but there is def a strange attraction towards her. My dilemma lies in should i ask her out?... but before that I need to know if i actually like her.....

1) Does "liking" someone in terms of enjoying their company.. constitue as liking them in terms of dating? Is it true that if u spend enough time with someone... even a monkey will seem a potential mate (or is it just that i am an emotionally weak person?) Does it reflect a society incapable of having friends with the urge to put superficial labels such as dating/girlfriend/love and other such mundane terms?

2) If i dont feel the chemistry... should I still pursue her. Relationships are nothing more than commitment at the end of the day. We commit the be with a single person for no real good reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home